Sunday, April 12, 2009

This will be my first post on a blog site. I am hoping to share the love for holidays that I have. It may even be a madness that I have. Whatever it may be, I'd like to share my ideas for holiday decorating. Every month there is a different holiday to decorate for, some months there are several. Tonight Easter has finished and I have already began putting Easter decorations away, now it is time to move to next holiday. I do believe Birthdays are a holiday, at least in our house. So now the next has began... Tomorrow the kids will say another holiday... Really MOM... They do enjoy it ( they just think I might get carried awayed- maybe just a little) I will try to put lots of inexpensive ideas for every room, a little bit of history for each holiday, and just show my love for all holiday decorating...

Birthdays
  • buy large balloons, tie lots of curling ribbon to them and hang them from the ceilings. You could use small tacks or even hooks hung from the ceiling. I used C hooks that I painted the same color as the ceiling.. You really don't notice them when nothing is hanging.
  • Look at birthday cards, find the ones that can be framed, If look hard enough you will find some that really do look like art. Frame them in a dollar store frame and place them around the house.
  • Find one area, and decorate it well. I use the fireplace mantle. Add lots of framed photos of the Birthday person..

No comments:

Post a Comment